Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Basic Budget pt. 1

"How can the two of you afford that?"

This is a question my wife and I were recently asked when we purchased a Nintendo Wii.

Before I get into the hows of our material gains, it's important to realize first that my wife and I don't make much money, but we do work full-time 35-40 hours a week. I will now outline our spending plan strategy for getting out of debt without losing your mind.

1. Know Yourself (Get on Board)
2. Know What You Spend
3. Know What You Want
4. Eliminate the 'Debt Factor'
5. Rewards and Punishments
6. Dealing with the unexpected
7. Learning to do without
8. Learning how to do yourself

These 8 topics are just the tip of the iceberg right now, I hope you find this blog helpful in the future. Check back often as I will update a lot on my days off and space it out over the work week.

No comments: